- Definitions at the top
GOOSES. GEESES. THIS PLURAL NOUNS QUIZ IS FOR ME!
With this quiz, you can see how much you know about regular and irregular plural nouns.
Which of the following nouns has a plural form that is irregular?
Words nearby Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth
Take a deep breath, but don’t hold your breath. Don’t judge a book by its cover, don’t let the grass grow under your feet, and so on. After the horse has been stolen, do not lock the stable door. Don’t give a gift horse a bad name. , don’t bring it up, Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, don’t put off, Don’t put the cart before the horse, Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
How to use Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth in a sentence
- France 24 is providing live, round-the-clock coverage of both scenes as they progress.
- Have a look at this telling research from Pew on blasphemy and apostasy laws around the world.
- ROME — What does it take for a Hollywood A-lister to get a private audience with Pope Francis?
- Sands was involved in a scandalous-for-the-time romance with the carpenter and there were rumors she was pregnant with his child.
- To make it work almost everything else about these shows has to seem factual which is why many look like a weird Celebrity Sims.
- What need to look to right or left when you are swallowing up free mile after mile of dizzying road?
- Squinty could look out, but the slats were as close together as those in a chicken coop, and the little pig could not get out.
- I was busy loading the piece when an exclamation of surprise from one of the men made me look up.
- Alessandro turned a grateful look on Ramona as he translated this speech, so in unison with Indian modes of thought and feeling.
- Aristide washed and powdered Jean himself, the landlord lounging by, pipe in mouth, administering suggestions.