The allure of a well-crafted home bar is undeniable. It’s a space that transforms your residence into a haven for relaxation and entertainment. Today, we take a close look at the top 10 most popular new home bars right now, as gleaned from the inspiring home bar photos recently uploaded to Houzz between June 15 and Sept. 15, 2023.
Home Bars: From Simple Elegance to Elaborate Designs
These designated home bars come in a variety of styles, ranging from compact prep stations to more elaborate designs that feature sinks, refrigerators, and customized storage. Regardless of the size or complexity, every home bar should serve a common purpose – making ingredients and barware easily accessible for people to prepare and serve their favorite beverages with ease.
Style Meets Substance
When it comes to these bars, functionality meets style, and a generous pour of the latter never hurts. Let’s explore these exceptional designs that are currently captivating homeowners:
- Floral Elegance in Minneapolis
- Studio M Interiors graced a Minneapolis bar alcove with dark floral wallpaper, creating a stunning contrast with green lower cabinets, a black tile backsplash, and an enchanting moon-like orb light. This design evokes the atmosphere of a late-night cocktail party that has gracefully spilled out into the garden.
- Wine Wall in Kansas
- Conveniently situated between the kitchen and a lounge area, this Kansas bar by Tamara Day Design boasts a "wine wall" that efficiently serves, stores, and showcases bottles. The white oak cabinetry seamlessly blends with the kitchen, while a golden backsplash adds a touch of pizzazz.
- Severn River Tradition
- Along Maryland’s Severn River, a traditional house by Mueller Homes and Melissa McLay Interiors houses a home bar that appears as a freestanding piece of furniture. A brass bell hints at the prospect of a free round, while bar glasses elegantly adorn the top. The fish-tiled backsplash perfectly complements the riverside setting.
- Crisp Navy-and-White Bar in Australia
- Collaroy Kitchen Centre in Australia installed dual drink fridges in this crisp navy-and-white bar, ensuring wine stays at the perfect temperature in one fridge, while soft drinks and beer remain frosty in the other. Open and closed shelving in the upper cabinets provides additional storage and display space.
- Prairie-Style Minnesota Delight
- In a Prairie-style Minnesota home designed by LiLu Interiors, you’ll find a warm, earthy wet bar featuring maple cabinetry and a quartzite countertop. Custom cabinet pullouts for wine storage make it practical and elegant. This bar shares materials and space with the kitchen and a built-in dining nook, creating an ideal setting for hosting wine tastings.
These are just the first five of the Top 10 Most Popular New Home Bars Right Now. Stay tuned for the remaining five bars that promise to inspire and elevate your home’s entertainment quotient. Whether you’re a fan of classic elegance, modern chic, or something in between, there’s a home bar design to suit every taste and style.
Discover What’s Trending: Intriguing Aspects of Modern Home Bars
How to make a home bar feel luxurious and high-end?
To infuse a sense of opulence and sophistication into your home bar, consider the addition of a compact beer or wine fridge. While fully built-in options, like the elegant one crafted by Joy Street Design, may not always be feasible, introducing a mini-fridge adjacent to your bar cart or table can significantly enhance both the functionality and luxury of your space. This subtle yet effective upgrade ensures that your favorite beverages are always perfectly chilled and within arm’s reach, elevating your home bar experience. Embrace the fusion of style and convenience, and transform your space into a high-end oasis.
What color should a home bar be?
When contemplating the ideal color for your home bar, consider the timeless and chic approach presented by Jennifer Backstein Interiors. Their home bar concept is a masterclass in classic design, fitting seamlessly into a kitchen nook or standing proudly in a den or living area. Opting for a navy color palette for your home bar is a prudent choice, as it possesses the inherent ability to elevate any space, instilling an air of sophistication. This versatile hue effortlessly adds a touch of elegance to your home bar, ensuring it stands out as a stylish and welcoming focal point.
What is a home bar from Mark Simmons interiors?
Emanating from the creative minds at Mark Simmons Interiors, this home bar design showcases an ingenious use of glass shelving for barware and mirrors on the sides. The clever addition of mirrored surfaces creates a captivating illusion of more space, making it an excellent choice if you aim to fashion a snug and inviting ambiance in a dining room corner or a butler’s pantry. This thoughtful design seamlessly combines functionality with the art of illusion, offering a unique and space-enhancing solution for your home bar needs.
How do I create a workable home bar?
For crafting a functional home bar, a smart approach involves optimizing your available wall space. Exhibit A: the sleek and contemporary home bar design by Studio Thomas. It showcases a modern glass wall shelving unit, strategically designed to make the most of available wall real estate. This compact but efficient shelving solution is perfect for storing glassware and bottles, ensuring your home bar remains both stylish and workable, even in limited spaces.
What are the key features of the top home bars today?
The top home bars today boast a comprehensive set of features designed for both functionality and style. These modern home bars typically include a beverage fridge, a convenient bar sink, and an ice maker, ensuring that your favorite drinks are always at your fingertips. Style is equally important, with thoughtful design elements such as brass sconces illuminating fully tiled walls, providing texture and visual interest. Warmth is introduced through the use of light wood shelves, flooring, and wall detailing, creating an inviting atmosphere. To anchor the space with color and depth, navy blue cabinets are often incorporated, making these home bars both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
Which home bar designs are currently trending?
Home Bar Trends for 2023
Bar Carts: For those seeking to save space without compromising style, bar carts are a fabulous choice. They offer mobility and versatility.
Corner Bars: Make the most of unused corner spaces in your room by incorporating a corner bar. It’s an excellent way to maximize your available space.
Built-in Bars: Built-in bars seamlessly integrate with your home’s design and provide a dedicated and polished bar area.
Mini Bars: Mini bars are a compact yet functional option, perfect for smaller homes or spaces. They cleverly make the most of limited square footage.
Wall-Mounted Bars: Wall-mounted bars offer a sleek and space-saving solution, perfect for those who want a minimalist and modern home bar setup.